OPD Arrests Owensboro Man For Trafficking
On July 3rd, 2012 at approximately 8:45 p.m., detectives with the Owensboro Police Department Street Crimes Unit executed a search warrant at 809 George Streetafter making recent undercover buys of Methamphetamine from the homeowner.
The detectives located approximately 69 grams of suspected Methamphetamine and several items used to weigh, package, and ingest the illegal substance.
These items are indicative of an ongoing Methamphetamine trafficking operation.
The homeowner, James G. Howard Jr., was arrested on the below charges and lodged in the Daviess County Detention Center.
James G. Howard Jr.
809 George Street
Owensboro, KY. 42301
- (2 counts) Trafficking in a Controlled Substance, 1st Degree, 1st Offense (< 2gms Meth) – Class D Felony
- Trafficking in a Controlled Substance, 1st Degree, 1st Offense (> or = 2gms Meth) – Class C Felony
- Drug Paraphernalia – Buy/Possess – Class A Misdemeanor
- Illegal Possession of a Legend Drug – Class B Misdemeanor
- Possession of a Controlled Substance, 2nd Degree – Drug Unspecified Class A Misdemeanor
Citizens are reminded they can help and earn reward money when they see suspicious activities or crimes being committed by contacting CrimeStoppers at 270-687-8484. All tips and leads are confidential.